Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring gutting

So, yes, it clearly appears that my left middle finger is fractured.  No, I don't know for sure.  I have no health insurance, and can't afford to see a doctor.  There are no free clinics here, but hey we have sorta clean drinking water, well it's brown and smells bad, but it meets US standards, hmm.

Anyway, at the same time I decided to move every single piece of furniture in my living area (which includes the dinning table).  Since the couch now faces the windows (ok, futon, got rid of the rash inducing wool couches) it was decided we need new window treatments.  The discovery of mold behind a bookcase (that now live on the opposite side of the room) has started the discussion of painting.  And hey, while we're fixing things up, we went shopping for new lights since the crappy one that illuminates most of the room has issues with light bulbs (seriously, two have blown up and they are constantly burning out) and the fan wobbles so bad it can't be used.

Since I have a million things to do and typing aggravates the finger (which is doing rather badly tonight) and I want to get some window treatments sewn (pictures another day I promise!) I just thought I'd share the coolest fan/light I've ever seen!

Sorry for the crappy iPhone photo
Full on blade action
















Isn't that just gorgeous?  The whole thing rotates when it's on, not just each set of blades!  The only thing I don't like is the small light (which I didn't see on).  Although the store owner informed us at her other location there is a three propeller model with a dish light at the bottom!  Oh, I wish I could have it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...