Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stripped and Alone

While Orcrist was away on his eye opening adventure to the American Midwest, my secondhand laptop, Hermes, decided it was time to emphasize just how much attention it needed.  The noise from the dying fan became unbearable and even the kids were complaining it was giving them a headache.  About halfway through the week, I simply gave up and turned off my personal connection to the rest of the world.  I still had my husband's laptop, since he opted to take his iphone, ipad, and a netbook instead, but using beautiful shiny laptop, with all of his tabs in his browsers was not the same.

You know how it is when your car is in the shop for a long time and you borrow your friend, or worse, your Mom's car.  It has a different feel, it doesn't park the same.  The steering wheel has a different texture that just not quite the same.  Not to mention, while you could reset the radio stations, you generally just set it to your favorite station, or worse, try to find one of their presets you can tolerate for the duration.  It was the same with borrowing my husband's laptop.  And worse, I couldn't be logged into my work/personal gmail account and blogger at the same time!  This is a problem I tried to ask the blogger G+ group about, but they didn't get it.  They couldn't fathom why I would want my blog on a different email from my work stuff.  Oh well.  I'm back now!

I have so much I've been wanting to write, I know I already lost one of my crazy ideas - the other is still hanging in there, so when I get time I'll try to at least draft it out so I can post it someday.  It feels so good to be back on my giant screen with my familiar keyboard with the shiny smooth keys and the "N" key completely rubbed off.  Oh and I have new bifocals now so the whole world looks different anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing! I can totally relate since the week my husband was in Seattle my car broke down and I had to drive his SUV which I NEVER drive and tried to avoid as much as possible! We're selling my car to a guy who fixes them tomorrow actually, so I must say goodbye to my trusty Sue :( Yes, I named my car and it's name is not Bob as much as I'm sure Angela would've liked for it to have been ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...