Friday, July 13, 2012

And Then It Was Now

I feel like I've just run a prolonged marathon.  I've just returned from my second trip to the inlaws this year.  This trip (which was much more relaxed than the last) netted me approximately 4270 miles of driving on my poor geekvan.  My job went into crisis mode right after Christmas with a hard push to implement new changes to the website, that all fell flat on their face in a glorious display of abject failure.  Now, I'm finishing documentation to hand it off onto some other unsuspecting sap, while I decide yet again, what it is I want to do with my life and what kind of job I can find to pass the time until I eventually make that decision.

I'm also running into a plethora of house projects, I can't believe the summer is half over already.  I still have so much to do.  Cosplay costumes, texturing the living room, putting together the LEGO room, and possibly even re-roofing.  Not to mention we finally emptied the junk room (I have no closets!) so that all has to be organized.

I have started writing again.  I recently saw a request for short stories and it's been my goal to actually finish a short story this year.  However, I was 50% of the way to the word total for the request and I hadn't moved out of the first scene.  I fear it is my lot to not write anything short and worthwhile.  Now I see the story like a serial short story series that may work together into a book.  We shall see, I'm still missing at least one important name and the experience of actually finishing one of these things.

I cruised through my drafts on this site and I do want to get some of those up.  Especially my GeekGirlCon inspired fan club experience, before GeekGirlCon II this August!!!

KtC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...