Monday, January 2, 2012

Peek-a-boo and a Happy New Year

I know that there have been a lack of napkin notations lately.  It's not for a lack of inspiration, but more for a lack of time to collect the napkins together for digital presentation (ie I haven't been writing).  In fact I remarkably left my laptop turned off and in it's bag since Santa arrived at our house on Christmas Eve.  While being fully disconnected from my sometimes overwhelming online existence was pleasant and gave me some much needed downtime.  I definitely missed a lot!  I came back to an email inbox, which I did check for important messages - and I hope I saw them all, I know there were a couple, but it was nonetheless an inbox that was cluttered with crap reminding me that I really do need to take the time to set some more filters and unsubscribe from retail sites that I may have bought one thing from or registered for ages ago and really don't have any further interest in.  This is compounded with my new subscriptions to crafting stores, like Michaels, because the clerks kept reminding me that I could get coupons for good discounts and I've found myself crafting more this year than any time in the recent past..... with the new sewing machine and the growing kids, I don't think that is set to change soon.

My "must read" blogs have been neglected.... and I skimmed a few before hitting the "mark all as read" button.  My plight with facebook continues to be an issue.  While part of me would be perfectly happy to abandoned the bloated, cluttered, service to retreat to the as yet pristine G+ ... it is obvious that my friends and family (especially those I really care about) are not yet ready to follow me there.  I understand the feeling, keeping up with multiple social networks is a PITA.  This is part of the reason I've never embraced the phenomenon that is Twitter.   The other reason was that I didn't have a phone with a data plan, but I can't use that reason anymore, so until I think of something better, will stick with the first reason.  As for facebook, I've made some modifications to my profile and I'm using third party software to try to streamline my experience, but I still can't backscroll for more than 3 hours of posts without the whole thing locking down on me.  It really limits my experience there.  As an end result, I barely remember to check in and most of the updates I get are in the late evening or the occasional popups from Trillian.

Anyway, just checking in here, with the hopes that I can find more time as life switches back over to the post-holiday routine to get back into writing, which I really really miss.  I hope it was a great holiday for everyone else as well.

1 comment:

  1. Good, but now I have to get a job, which sucks. It's bringing back horrible memories and it's hard not to tell any potential employer they shouldn't hire me, because I'm the worst employee on the planet! I'm slow, I don't learn easily, and I'm an emotional wreck who can't take criticism.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...