Sunday, December 5, 2010

The busiest week of the year

And leaving ninja day behind (sorry I didn't mention it, it snuck up on me and I didn't see it coming at all!) we plow headlong into the busiest week of my year.  I think the fates have conspired against me this year because in addition to holiday stuff, my oldest daughter's birthday (12/11/10 - how cool is that!), and life in general, this year there are also school holiday stuff (2 for just my oldest daughter!), helping my husband on his exciting project, and trying to wrap up my work stuff - I WILL get the buffer code working!

This weekend, I built rockets for the party, got a launcher from a friend, treated my family out to an in town holiday party, and went to a very cool jewelry/garden party where I actually bought a pair of earrings for me.  Now, I never wear earrings except once or so a year.  I've already worn these for two days, I love them!  I'm not a jewelry person, but I saw many things I liked and could easily wear, for me that's rare (if I had her link I'd totally give it to you, check back I may find it!).  Then I brought home the hostesses daughter for an impromptu sleepover, surprising and delighting my kids.

So I guess it should come as no surprise that after all was said and done and the kids were in bed that I turned on the TV to find out that it was in fact Sunday, and that tomorrow (today for all you reading) is Monday.  Wow, what a rough shock.  I mean I knew it was Sunday, I went to church, I had an extra kid most of the day, my daughter wasn't in school, but I'm just worn out.  I need a weekend.  Unfortunately, next weekend is already booked solid.  Heck this whole week is!

I hope to be here, I still want to talk about the super coolness of NASA's announcement last Thursday and how it's just such a relief to finally start getting that discussion acknowledged.  Regardless of whether or not there is life out there beyond our atmosphere, I think, if we are seriously going to look, we can't take our requirements for life to be the limiting factors, now that's all on the table, woohoo, go NASA!

So even with ideas in mind, that I would hope to be timely with, but lets face it, probably won't be.... I may or may not be here.  Love to all of you!

KtC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...