Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lost but Not Forgotten

That'd be my mind, not you all.

As the snow continues to fall outside; my mind, my soul, my very essence is once again abhorring each moment spent in front of my monitor.  Last week I retreated into a book for the simple reason that I could take no more and I hadn't successfully read (offline) in weeks.  The news in the world heartens and disgusts.  I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been so impressed with humanity and so disgusted to be a member of this species.  As such, I've found it very difficult to organize my thoughts for my day job, let alone to write.

Yet, March is here and this deceptively bland month holds 2 geeky surprises and a few holidays that sneak right up on us without looking.  Just this weekend I saw a Mardi Gras ad!  First up, tomorrow (March 2nd) is Dr. Seuss Day as Mom's around the world (at least the English speaking ones) prepare Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast, and others rhyme all day making up nonsense and flotsam whenever they are stuck.  Please make sure you do your shopping, especially if you have a Seuss fan in your house, it's a great way to say you remembered, and if in doubt the Cat in the hat striped stovepipe is definitely the way to go!

(sneak peak:  Our next holiday this month will involve lots and lots of PIe!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...