Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No More Vacation

Since we had planned to help our friends move out of state, we took the kids out of school for two weeks.  We then didn't end up going with our friends, so we did the next best thing.  We went over the hill, through the woods, and to grandma's house (for those of you that think we should have gone over the river, well there wasn't a river, ok!)

First we went up to a local butte and went camping with friends.  I haven't been camping with friends since the first summer my husband and I were married.  It was an interesting time to group camp with friends with kids.  Some very nice things about it, some different things... all-in-all something to do again.  Then we went "through the woods" or rather on wooden roller coasters at an amusement park with the word "wood" in the title.  This was sort of my birthday party.  My cousin has a daughter who has the same birth date as me and we went together.  It was loads of fun, but I did come home with scrapes, bruises, and exhaustion.  We took my actual birthday to rest, and then we were off to Grandma's!  It was a good time, but I am just now home and queasy and exhausted.

I've also been working on a plethora of home projects and my parents will be coming to assist with some of the bigger ones so I've got to spend the next week getting ready.  I really miss writing, but tonight I am too tired to focus.

KtC

2 comments:

  1. I hate roller coasters and I'm still very disturbed by the lack of a river! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been checking in daily and missing you, but good to go do things and spend time with family, so I guess I'll let it slide...THIS time!
    Can't wait til you're writing regularly again.
    SC relative

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...