Thursday, August 26, 2010

and What do YOU Want?

Yeah this is late, but I'm going to post it anyway.  I have no idea why, but I am just in a very antisocial mood today.  There is really no reason why I should be.  I mean I even sort of had a date with my husband last night.  Heck, it's afternoon and my daughters still aren't home from their sleep over (partially because my husband took the car to a job interview).  In fact for the functional part of the morning, it's just been me and the baby.  Whom I love to pieces, even if his noisy sleeping did keep me up and producing milk all night.

I had messed up dreams, involving lots of weird stuff from my childhood all smashed into a semi present reality.  But that's not THAT unusual.  I dreamed that my family as it is now had moved into my childhood home, but even that's happened before.  Heck, it's not even that unrealistic since I know the current owners and my kids have been to the house, this summer even.  There have been several times where I have thought what if I lived there.  That's not that unusual, I play that game with every house I'm in.  What if I lived here, how would I lay out the rooms, what would work for me what wouldn't.  Some layouts work for me better than others, and maybe someday that info will be remotely useful.  It still doesn't stop me from feeling in the frump today.

So I totally don't get it.  I mean, we had a nice date.  I even read a book yesterday, and I'm half way through another!  Which is like a major accomplishment because between the dyslexia and the kids I almost never am able to read.  It takes me longer and I don't tolerate distractions.  Shoot, the characters in the book yelled for quiet and I wanted to do the same at one point.  I can't wait for my husband to read the book, so we can talk about it.  We've got another book from the library I haven't started as well, one I've been waiting a year to read. Not because the library had a waiting list, but just because I haven't had time to get it and I put a request in for two books because I knew there was a wait on the one and they both came in together, go figure.

Well, I'm rambling.  I am grumpy for no reason, and the day is only just really starting here, since not all the kids are even back yet.  I suppose I should go liberate my friend and reclaim my children.  I do miss them, even though I know they will be loud and needy when they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...